Email marketing can be a great way to connect with your customers and grow your business. However, it can also be difficult to know where to start.
In this comprehensive beginner’s guide, we will teach you everything you need to know about email marketing! We will cover topics such as how to create an email list, what type of content to send, and how to measure the success of your campaigns.
What Is Email Marketing and Why Should You Use It?
Email marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses email to promote commercial messages. It can be used to build relationships with customers, drive sales, or simply keep people up-to-date on what’s going on with your company.
There are many reasons why you should use email marketing, such as:
- It’s a great way to stay in touch with your customers and build relationships.
- It’s an effective way to promote new products or services.
- You can reach a large number of people quickly and easily.
- It’s relatively inexpensive compared to other forms of marketing.
Now that we’ve answered the question “what is email marketing?” let’s move on to some tips for getting started.
Creating an Email List
The first step in any email marketing campaign is to create an email list. An email list is a database of email addresses that you can use to send your messages. There are many ways to build an email list, such as:
- Asking people to sign up on your website.
- Add a sign-up form to your Facebook page.
- Running a contest or promotion.
- Buying or renting an email list from a reputable source.
There are both advantages and disadvantages to each of these methods. For example, asking people to sign up on your website is free, but it may take longer to build up your list this way. On the other hand, buying or renting an email list can be expensive, but it will give you a head start on your campaign.
What Type of Content Should You Send?
Now that you have an email list, it’s time to start thinking about what type of content you want to send. There are many different types of email marketing content, such as:
- Newsletters: A newsletter is a great way to keep people up-to-date on what’s going on with your company. You can include information about new products, upcoming events, or anything else that you think your customers would be interested in.
- Promotions: Promotions are a great way to drive sales, whether it’s for a new product or a sale on your existing products.
- Coupons and discounts: Coupons can be a great way to encourage people to buy from you. You can offer discounts, free shipping, or other incentives to get people to take advantage of your offer.
- Contests: Contests are a great way to engage your customers and get them excited about your brand. You can ask people to submit photos, videos, or essays related to your contest theme.
- Product announcements: Product announcements are a great way to let people know about new products or services that you’re offering.
- Event invitations: Event invitations are a great way to promote upcoming events, such as trade shows, conferences, or webinars.
- Blog posts or articles: If you have a blog or website, you can email your latest posts or articles to your list. This is a great way to drive traffic back to your site.
The best way to decide what type of content to send is to think about what your goals are for your email marketing campaign. Do you want to drive sales? Engage your customers? Keep people up-to-date on what’s going on with your company?
For example, if you’re a clothing retailer, you might want to send a newsletter with fashion tips and product announcements. Or, if you’re a food company, you might want to send coupons and discounts for your products. Once you know what your goals are, you can start thinking about what type of content will help you achieve those goals.
How to Measure the Success of Your Email Marketing Campaign.
Once you’ve started sending email marketing messages, it’s important to track the performance of your campaigns. There are many different metrics you can use to measure the success of your email marketing campaign, such as:
- Open rate: This is the percentage of people who open your email.
- Click-through rate: This is the percentage of people who click on a link in your email.
- Bounce rate: This is the percentage of people who do not receive your email because it was undeliverable (e.g., they entered an invalid email address).
- Unsubscribe rate: This is the percentage of people who unsubscribe from your email list.
In Summary: Additional Tips for Successful Email Marketing.
Email marketing can be a great way to stay in touch with your customers, promote new products or services, and reach a large number of people quickly and easily. Follow these tips to get started with email marketing: create an email list, decide what type of content to send, and measure the success of your campaigns.
Additionally, if all this seems too much for you to begin by yourself, consider utilizing an email marketing agency. Klaviyo Email Marketing Agency can help you with all aspects of your email marketing campaign, from design to delivery. Klaviyo’s team of experts will work with you to create a campaign that is tailored to your specific needs and goals.
Do you have any questions about email marketing? Leave a comment below and we’ll be happy to answer them!