Have you ever seen people nonchalantly trying to cover their smiles with cocktail napkins? Have you noticed that your teen or child is too conscious of smiling or even talking in public because of the poor structure of their teeth?
Unfortunately, far too many adults and adolescents have established a near-reflexive response to covering one’s mouth when they grin.
So, is it the right time to take your teen for an Invisalign teen treatment? The American Association of Orthodontists (AAO) recommends that children should start seeing a dentist from around the age of seven.
That still doesn’t mean they’ll get braces right away, but planning ahead allows the doctors to better comprehend their bone formation and jaw development. And in case the doctor feels that they require corrective treatment, parents can look into Invisalign for kids or teens.
If you haven’t taken your child to the orthodontist at age seven, there is no need to panic. You can still take them to a good orthodontist near you. However, it’s prudent to be able to pick the right dentist as the treatment is a long one, and it needs to be done correctly for the best results.
Signs Your Child Needs to See an Orthodontist
There are many signs you should be on the lookout for as parents that indicate that your child should visit the orthodontist. Sometimes, these signs may appear even before your child turns a teenager. Hence, it’s best to understand the warning signs beforehand to be able to take them to a dentist as early as possible –
- If your child is breathing more through their mouths rather than their nose, they might need the attention of an orthodontist.
- If your child has excessive gaps between their permanent teeth, you should immediately take them to an orthodontist. It is better to treat these problems early to avoid having problems in their teenage years.
- You need to take your child to the orthodontist if they have a noticeable underbite or overbite where their lower and upper teeth don’t align perfectly. The orthodontist can take care of this issue so they don’t have to suffer when they are older. They can fix this issue for teenagers by suggesting Invisalign teen.
- You should pay attention to whether your child’s permanent teeth are growing crooked and aren’t aligned.
- If your child has issues with chewing and biting, you should make an appointment with an orthodontist.
- You should be on the lookout if your child bites the sides of their cheek frequently.
- An orthodontist can fix the issue if your child’s teeth are too close and overlapping.
- You should take your children to the orthodontist if they haven’t stopped sucking their thumbs or pacifiers beyond the appropriate age.
- Your child’s jaw bones make a pop sound when they chew, talk, or bite; they would need to visit an orthodontist.
- Another sign you should be looking for is if your child snores while sleeping.
Is Invisalign a Good Option for Teens?
Yes, clear aligners like Invisalign can be used by children. As long as the kid’s teeth have reached the required developmental stage, the process is just as secure and effective for children as it is for grownups. In contrast, aligner treatment requires caution and commitment.
Invisalign for kids and teens is unquestionably effective and safe if they have normal oral growth. As long as they are inspired and supportive, and of a mature age to acknowledge the diagnosis and treatment, Invisalign can work wonders.
Clear aligners like Invisalign could be a great choice if your teen wishes to have the perfect grin and feel more confident.
You must have now understood the various signs that indicate the need to take your child to the orthodontist to detect their jaw growth and development before going for an Invisalign treatment.
The orthodontist can see if your child has any issues with their jaws and teeth and fix them before suggesting aligners. Finally, you must know that Invisalign treatment is highly suggested by orthodontists for kids and teens today to perfect their smiles.